Friday, May 30, 2008

Rachael Ray Loves Terror


I was just reading this article on Rachael Ray, and her stylist's poor choice in a scarf, and had to laugh. How silly is this that we have gone so far in this "code red" world of ours, that now we focus on the accessories of B-list celebrities and call them out for supporting terrorism. I wasn't there when her stylist chose the scarf, but I really doubt that was the intention. Let's be real, these scarves are being sold at Forever 21 and Urban Outfitters. My friends have them and, sadly, I even bought one at Ross for $7.99 because I am a sucker for fleeting trends. I don't wear it much though, because I think they're getting played out on the streets of San Francisco. Hipsters seem to love them...does this mean hipsters are terrorists too?! Oh my!

3 comments:

iwsfutcmd said...

Dude, last time I was in Tahoe, I was wearing my keffiyah, walking to the bank and some hicks in a truck lean out their window and were like "What the f. are you wearing?!?!"
Unfortunately, I didn't have the head for a witty retort, so it just came out with some appropriate obscenities.
It's a weird-ass world out there, outside the bay.

(oh yeah, this is Ben. Nice new blog)

Unknown said...

of course, you never know.... it could have been some subtle trigger sign to a louisiana based terror cell to boycott dunkin' donuts or fill the sugar packets with salt. But i'm thinking that the only person who could have possibly noticed rachael ray in a dunkin' donuts ad (what a combo for gawdssake!) would be a blinds-closed-door-bolted blogger. Either way, Rachael and her stylist need to go to Guantanamo ASAP. i'm gonna start a blog about that....

Unknown said...

Since the hipsters wear keffiyehs, they must be terrorists. But luckily for us the hipster can't fit any bombs in his/her skinny jeans. So I think we are safe.