Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Tuesday, November 4th 2008

Yes, I know what today is. And yes, I know what I am supposed to do today. Here's my thought on Election Day:

I know that it is my right and responsibility to vote today. I voted, it's done and I did my part. Now I'd like to know why people keep asking me if I voted. By asking me, are you reminding me? And if you have to remind someone, do you think maybe they don't care enough to vote? If so, I commend you for taking action and trying to persuade them to vote and make a difference, but I really don't think reminding them (and most likely lecturing them) will help.

Another thing I've been thinking about this morning is 'what next'? Let's say your vote wins, but people are still unhappy. Who/what will people turn to next?

All this said, I do agree it's important to vote, and I will leave you with these wonderful kids (they have the right idea):

No comments: