Monday, May 11, 2009

All I wanted was a Table-Mate

I rarely eat at home, but when I do I thought something like the above would be useful when I want to veg out with some Netflix (others have too, they just won't admit it.) But suddenly I have all these questions:

1. Would this TV tray make me feel like a spinster? 
2. Will I look as happy as this working woman does in the Amazon ad, with her Mexican dinner?And is this woman supposed to be a spinster?
3. Will this mean I have to buy a cat, and/or this additional accessory?

Reactions from trusted sources have been:

"Buy it...if you want to age 4o years."
"Don't buy it!!"
"Omg, no." and "Please don't"
"Only if you can fold it away and hide it." (Which, might I mention, I can).

4 comments:

chris said...

this is the greatest thing ever and you should buy it (only buy one though, with this you will never be feeding a second). this is the perfect accoutrement for sitting at home on a saturday night watching reruns of empty nest and convincing yourself that you don't need a man. if they could only make one for the bathtub that has a slot for a v.c. andrews book you'll be set.

Shirin said...

I hope that "you" you mention is in the general sense. I am proud to say I don't even know what 'Empty Nest' is, and I hope I never find out.

Anonymous said...

I already have the more tasteful(?) equivalent that I purchased from Levengers. I use it as a desk for my laptop. and for hippy store takeaway enchilada meals also.

I may be a spinster but I am kitty-free.

Your Aunt Deb.

Unknown said...

Go for it!